A history of success in investing & digital asset technology
Where it began...
The team at Trovio has deep roots into the original cypherpunk movement. Having been core members of the original DigiCash team in the 1990s alongside David Chaum. Over the course of the next two decades, the team developed, commercialised and sold a number of successful technology solutions across market infrastructure
- Trovio Group incorporatedDigi.Cash and Digital Access Australia incorporated and seeded the original Trovio Technologies business.
- Launch of the Digital Assets FundOn January 2018, Trovio launched the Digital Assets Fund. One of the first ever digital assets funds to be audited by a big four accounting firm (KPMG).
- Launch of Digital Registry Solution for The Perth MintGoldPass is a cryptographically secure digital registry for the Perth Mint to enable its clients to access precious metal markets. Fully redeemable, with peer-2-peer transactions and tokenise solutions.
- Fantom - Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) based protocolTrovio led the capital raise and ICO for the Fantom Foundation in 2018 helping to raise USD 40m.
- PMGT – Ethereum BlockchainWorld’s first public blockchain token on the Ethereum network backed by government guaranteed physical asset. Trovio provides market making services alongside minting/burning for PMGT on a number of digital marketplaces.
- Universal Protocol AllianceMember of the UPA, alongside Cetrik, Uphold & Ledger
- Homium – Algorand BlockchainAdvised and assisted in the structuring of Homium LLC for fractionalised owner-occupied home equity in California.
- Strategic investment in Blockhead TechnologiesBlockhead Technologies provides core provenance solutions that integrates directly into Trovio’s digital registry platforms.
- Launch of the Digital Asset Income FundA DeFi focused and market neutral hedge fund with institutional client backing.
- Digital Finance Co-operative Research Centre (DFCRC)Trovio became the leading industry partner in a multi-disciplinary consortium examining the evolution of digital finance ($181m funding)
- Digital Decarbonisation PlatformThe launch of Trovio’s decarbonisation platform. Building off our core digital registry solutions to create new carbon-neutral commodities.
- Enable Fund ServicesLaunch of Trovio’s Fund Services business. Enabling our partners to launch digital funds on our core infrastructure.
- Launch of Digital Registry Solution for ABC RefineryGoldSafe is a cryptographically secured digital registry that interfaces with ABC Refinery’s existing CRM and risk infrastructure. Enabling ABC Refinery to interface directly with the digital economy.
- Launch of Alternative Duration FundAlternative Duration Fund and the team was transitioned from the Pendal Group in the middle of 2022.
Trovio’s Enviromental Commitment
In today's world, how we contribute to the protection of the environment and the carbon footprint of our activities must be front of mind. While the digital asset industry is seeing strong trends towards renewable energy, Trovio is committed to using our position to maximise innovation in the carbon industry and minimise net emissions of our assets and operations. Trovio will continue to commit significant resources to initiatives aimed at changing the way businesses, governments and individuals access decarbonization functionality using digital asset infrastructure, as well as offering a growing number of products that bring carbon neutrality to the forefront of commercial decision making.